
By Che Palicte
DAVAO CITY – The bounty for information on the killers of Digos City Barangay Captain Oscar “Dodong” Bucol Jr. has reached P5.5 million, officials announced earlier this week.
The victim was shot multiple times during a Facebook Live broadcast from his residence on Tuesday evening and declared dead on arrival at a local hospital. In a Facebook post, family lawyer Israelito Torreon said Mayor Sebastian Duterte contributed P1 million to the reward.
“This is a way to help bring justice to the family,” Torreon said. The bounty includes pledges from the provincial government, Vice President Sara Duterte, a Monkayo business group, and the victim’s family.
Police Regional Director Brig. Gen. Leon Victor Rosete said a Special Investigation Task Group is examining all angles to resolve the case. (PNA)